Are you looking for Wheel Balancing for your vehicle?
Most of us are not aware of how much strain our car wheels go through every day. They have to traverse over numerous potholes, bumps, and cracks on a daily basis. This inevitably causes wear and tear on the tyre’s surface, causing them to lose their balance.
Unbalanced wheels can be a serious issue. It can cause excessive vibrations, uneven tyre wear, and reduced mileage. If the imbalance is too much, your car can even get involved in an accident.
To make sure that you don’t face such issues, we, AN Tyres Maidstone, have brought our wheel balancing garage at Maidstone. We have a team of expert technicians, armed with the latest measuring tools to detect and remedy any imbalance in your car wheels; we will solve the issue in no time.
How to detect if the wheels are imbalanced?
A brand new set of car wheels is always perfectly balanced. However, once you begin using it, it starts wearing out, losing its well-adjusted balance. Thankfully, imbalanced wheels give out some easy to notice indications that you will be able to understand.
Let’s take a look at what we are talking about.
- Vibrations – If your wheels are imbalanced, driving it at a reasonably high speed can cause some severe vibrations. You will feel it through the steering wheel and the seats of your car. Bring your vehicle for wheel balancing in Maidstone the moment you notice this issue.
- Excessive and scalloped wear pattern – >Another indication of wheel imbalance is excessive tyre wear. The area of imbalance will withstand more pressure every time your car wheels complete a rotation; this will create a signature scalloped tyre wear pattern. It will be most noticeable at the edge of the tyres.
- Movement of the steering wheel – A lesser known but severe issue with wheel balancing is a slow directional displacement in the steering wheel. This is especially common when you are driving at a low speed; however, once the imbalance reaches a critical point, you will feel it whenever you drive your vehicle. Bring your car to our wheel balancing garage at Maidstone, and we will fix it in no time.
How do we tackle the issue?
Like every other repair work related to your vehicle, we take wheel balancing seriously and approach it step by step to eliminate the problem.
- 1st – We will remove the wheels from your car, and mount it on our top-of-the-line balancing machine to measure the exact point of imbalance.
- 2nd – After detecting the point of imbalance, the balancing machine will show a reading of exactly how much counterweight should we add to balance the wheel properly.
- 3rd – After securing the lead weight, our technician will make sure to fasten it properly, and run another test to make sure there is no other weight imbalance left.
- 4th – If there is no other issue, we will dismount the wheel from the machine, and fit it to your vehicle.
Properly executed wheel balancing will show immediate results. Once you take your car out of our wheel balancing garage Maidstone, you will notice a boost in its fuel economy, along with better handling and reduced tyre wear. You will feel your car becoming much safer and comfortable to drive.
Visit us today
If your car requires wheel balancing in Maidstone, visit us at AN Tyres today. We are open from Monday to Saturday, 08:30 AM to 05:00 PM. You can also call us to book your appointment ahead of your visit. Have a safe drive!